Question
Posted by: Trully hurt | 2006/07/26

Age factor

Hi guys,

I'm inlove with my boyfriend :). Sadly though he has an issue with my age. I'm 32 and he is 28, we have a cute boy (2yrs) and on Saturday he decided tho tell me that he has an issue with my age and doesn't know what to do.
I do want to share my life wih him however he feels he still need to be independant and find himself before commiting. At the same time he doesn't want to let go. Well i suggested that the only solution is to end the relation and move on. I have thought thoroughly and can't find a better solution.

What are your views and how best to handle the sagga

Thanx

As your boy is 2, this guy has presumably bee with you for at least 2 years, and NOW he has an issue with your age ? How unreasonable --- does he generally think as slowly as a glacier ? The actual age difference is trivial. By 28 he should already be independent and should have found himself without resorting to missing persons. I suspect he is wanting to sew some more wild oats, feeling cautious about committment, and the age issue is simply a smokescreen . If you do decide to part, make sure you go through the Maintenance court aso it requires him to pay proper maintenance for the child

8
Posted by: Brooklyn | 2006/07/27

Dump the sod. He does nto deserve you - he decides after four years that he does not want you? what about the child you share?

Reply to Brooklyn
Posted by: Tango | 2006/07/26

Four years? Sorry - not a valid exceuse and he knows it.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Southernwrite | 2006/07/26

Piss poor excuse - nothing to do with age - someone else maybe - your child possibly - but age me thinks nnot

Reply to Southernwrite
Posted by: Paul | 2006/07/26

Im sorry but he is still a prick.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Sg | 2006/07/26

Age can play a difference in relationships,don't let anybody kid you.However,he must have been quite happy about it before so why now ! Sounds like an excuse to me.
Explore all possibilities before moving on without him

Reply to Sg
Posted by: Trully hurt | 2006/07/26

I guess to him it makes alot if difference.

I also think he is more embarasment about it. He has asked his parents to give him advice but I don't think they would make much difference. He has an issue big time and i don't want to be an embarrasment to someone.

The only thing that i can't change is being used against me. Such is life :(

Thanx Paul !!

Reply to Trully hurt
Posted by: Angelique | 2006/07/26

The stupid creature should have thought about that, before he amde a baby with you.He's only looking for an excuse,dumb him.

Reply to Angelique
Posted by: Paul | 2006/07/26

4 years is an issue?

AG please hes more worried about what others think than what he feels.

Reply to Paul