Question
Posted by: James | 2008/07/09

Age difference

hi doc i hope you can help me. My wife and i have been trying to conceive for the last 3 years, she is 30 and i am 49. we have one child a 6 yr old. could our age difference be affecting us? i am beginning to think my swimmers are not up to it. i dont want to do artificial maybe its time to hang up my "gloves"

Dear James

The fact that you are 49 and your wife is 30 should not affect your chances of falling pregnant. If it has already been 3 years and you have been trying to fall pregnant without any success, then it may be wise to find out what causes there maybe in you or your wife in contributing to your inability to conceive. Yes, one of them may be a sperm problem and there is a simple test to check for that.

3
Posted by: lilly | 2009/01/26

do you think if will be weird having a relationship if the age difference is 17- years i am 21 and i like a friend that is 38

Reply to lilly
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/07/10

why dont you do a semen test and take it from there?

Reply to Dee GTC
Posted by: tsontso | 2008/07/09

we have been trying for 2 years

Reply to tsontso