Question
Posted by: namibrose | 2005/07/11

Age difference

Hi Doctor

I met someone 3 months ago he is from Zimbabwe, he is a chemist by profession. I am 39 and he is 27 I feel uncomfortable about me as a woman being older than him. He is very matured, the best guy that I can be with I havent experrienced this kind of relalionship in many years. We are very happy together an are very compatible.We love each other and are sure that we want to be together.
He lives in Zimbabwe I in Namibia, we thinking of getting married as for us to be together and for him to have a chance to start his career here. I have 2 kids he does not have any but want to have children, I had a tubulagation (cant have children).
Should we get married or are there too many obsticlaces.
Your advise Please.

As I've often said in this Forum, what matters most isn't the chronological age in years, but the relative maturity of the partners. Distance relationships can be difficult, but it is possible to sort this out. As to the issue of children, you will need to discuss his with him serously, and see what the two of you can work out, maybe seeing a marriage counsellor for a session or two the next time you are together. Sometimes a tubal ligation can be reversed, but not always, and this can be difficult.

2
Posted by: ec | 2005/07/11

could you find out whether the process could be reversed otherwise this can be a problem seeing that he wants kids? discuss everything before making a seriuos decision.
good luck!

Reply to ec
Posted by: NN | 2005/07/11

Age is just a number and if you are happy to be with him regardless of his age then you should go for it!
I say that if you love someone very much and you want to be with them, then nothing can come between the two of you. Of coarse there will be obstacles but it happens in every relationship but it is up to the two of you to decide whether you are going to lt it stand in the way.

Reply to NN