Question
Posted by: mt | 2004/12/14

Age difference

I am in love with an older woman. She is perfect for me. There is a 7 year age difference. I am 28 and she is 35 but both of us seem to be just starting our life.

If we were to get married, What issues will we face due to this age difference?

We have been seeing each other for one and a half years now.

I keep saying --- there are no compulsory problems arising from an age difference in calendar years ; problems arise even in people of the same "age" who differ greatly in psychological and social age and tastes And as a picked up, the only other major issue might be that her age might make it unlikely or even inadviseable, to have children. And as kernel says, women generally outlive us, anyhow

6
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/12/14

There is no problem in such a small age difference - you will probably still die before her - women outlive men on average by at least 7 years.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/14

Hi There,

From my experience, & in general discussions, I have found that a younger guy is more able to keep up with an older woman as they age. This may work out quite well as the guy gets into his naughty forties while the woman apparently reaches her sexual peak.
A lot of us know though that being in love is not all about sex, though it does help.
Gray raises a good point though in subtly asking you how you would feel about her when she reaches that age. Or have you even considered that this may be a lifetime decision that you need to consider seriously.
Maybe ask yourself if you want to spend the rest of life with this woman, & how she being older than you would affect you, say 10/20 years from now.

Otherwise, age really isn't an issue... unless it breaks any laws.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Gray | 2004/12/14

Age is more than a number - you will find that out when you 43 and your wife is 50. 'Nuff said.

Reply to Gray
Posted by: Inc | 2004/12/14

Age is nothing but a number... a person the same age as you does not mean that you will be immune to problems in life. If you are happy together and you are able to communicate on the same level, then there is no reason why you shouldn't be together.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: a | 2004/12/14

As you have been seeing eachother for some time, I would think that the only thing that might be an issue is having children (due to her age it might be difficult) but thats not a really serious thing cos you guys have many options.

So - why don't you just ask her to marry you (she has probably been waiting for you to ask).

Reply to a
Posted by: Zee | 2004/12/14

There are no serious issues u ll have with an age difference of seven(7) years.

Reply to Zee