Question
Posted by: pieter | 2007/12/19

Age 31

I am a 31 year old Male. I was wondering if at my age I can improve my physical appearance by toning, building muscle and losing weight.

I am asking these questions just to find out if I can improve my body before I spend money going to see a dietician and personal trainer.

HI Pieter

Absolutely, there's no reason why not! You're still young. Admittedly, as we get older, it becomes more and more difficult to lose weight and build muscle, mostly because we don't produce quite the same testosterone levels. But this is not a deterrent, and anyone can improve, especially if you are starting out from a relatively unfit and untrained state.

The way to do it, then, is to train and eat well, so you've identified the correct two people who will help you out on this one! The trainer and dietician are the way to go. Just bear in mind that this will take time, and it may be difficult at first, as your body adapts, but once you get passed that first hurdle, you'll see transformation that makes it easier to keep going!