Question
Posted by: Gabi | 2005/07/04

age

Is it wrong to go with a old guy? When that guy keeps you happy at all times? Well I am 19 years old and he is 33 years old and he wants to marry me and stay with me, he know how old i am and he doesn't have a problem with the whole story. But than is it wrong?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Gabi,

this is a matter of personal choice. Some people feel that the age gap causes problems of not having anything in common, or being at different life stages and wanting different things. But if 2 people want to be together, both have given their consent, and importantly they are of an age where they can legally give their consent then the choice is ultimately theirs. You mau come up against opposition from family and friends, so have you given some thought to what you might say to them?

Take your time, and there is certainly no hurry to get married at 19.

3
Posted by: Mike | 2005/07/06

Older men can bring stability and experience into a young womans life, not only sexual but knowledge about life in general. I think some young women seek older men for the stability. I see nothing wrong with your relationship, whatever makes you happy is most important. If he does not already encourage him to excercise and eat right to insure he can keep up with you as he ages as this may be the biggest downside of being with someone much older than you.

Reply to Mike
Posted by: Mommy | 2005/07/04

I've also read your other posting. Do not marry someone to escape the problems you have at home. To marry someone you must really love that person. Marriage is a huge commitment and you are only 19 yrs old. Your whole life is ahead of you. If I had married the boyfriend I had (aldo 8 yrs older than me) at 19 I would have made the biggest mistake of my life. I chose to first go and study and we eventually broke up. I met my husband when I was 27 years old and he is truly my solemate. We have a beautiful baby girl and I am so glad that I rather waited. I now have a degree and a good job and a good marriage with love and respect.
Please rather leave home (reading your previous posting, I would say as soon as possible), get an education or a good job. Do not use this older guy to escape your unhappy home.

Reply to Mommy
Posted by: Raks | 2005/07/04

Hey Gabi,

Nothing worng with it as long as the two of you are compatible, lots of mutual respect and share the same interests. My wife is 10 years younger than me and we as happy as can be.

Age is but a number.

R

Reply to Raks