Question
Posted by: Deedee | 2007/04/06

After wisdom teeth removed?

I removed my wisdom teeth a 8 days ago and am now awake at night because of muscle tention in my jaw... I cant sleep on my sides and if i sleep on a normal pillow my jaw feels pressure. I have to sleep on 3 pilloes and it affects my back.<br><br>Is this normal?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Deedee:

Unfortunately I’m not qualified in the area of orhtodontics so I cannot advise you on this. I can only tell you that you are probably experiencing back pain from the three pillows because it places your spine in an awkward position and causes your muscles aroiund your spine to go into spasm to protect the spine from injury.

I advise that you consult with an orthodontist about your problem.