Question
Posted by: hal | 2007/12/08

after weight loss

My tummy area needs a bit of work, my tummy sticks out a bit and i dont like the feeling. I am working out, doing tae bo, i want a flat tummy but i'm worried that the SKIN around my tummy will be hanging after i'v lost some weight in that area. what would you suggest?

Dear Hal
If your weight is fine, and you have a slightly flabby tummy this is probably a result of the weight loss, which has stretched your skin and muscles. The only noninvasive treatment for this kind of condition is to do exercises that target the tummy. Ask Fitness Doc for a set of home exercises that target the tummy or join a gym and concentrate on tummy tightening exercises. Other options are a tummy tuck which you would need to discuss with a plastic surgeon, but this is quite a big step to take, so try the exercises first.