Question
Posted by: MB1 | 2007/08/13

After loss

I have lost my baby boy at 34weeks pregnancy 5 weeks ago. i am still bleeding, some days it is a light pink colour and some days it is brown. Some days it is very light and some days it's more. When will my normal period return and when will i be able to conceive again?

Dear MB1
Ask your gyne to put you on a contraceptive pill x 3 months just to regulate your period again. After that you will probably be in a normal cycle again and you will be able to conceive as soon as you want to. I am so sorry to hear about losing your baby - do you know why it happened?

3
Posted by: MB1 | 2007/08/15

Dear CD

Thank you for your response. The whole thing about the abses is rather confusing me. During my 1st pregnancy i had about 10 absesses and my boy turned out very normal and i had a good pregnancy with him. I guess this time around i just wasn't lucky at all. I do hope to fall pregnant again soon but hubby don't want to so i guess i will just have to wait. I would however do things a lot different and like you say even if i have to go for a scan everyday i will. I am so sorry about you almost loosing your baby and i can just imagine what a traumatic experience it was for you.

Reply to MB1
Posted by: CD again | 2007/08/14

Dear MB1
The abcess could have caused infection in the blood that may have been a factor in the clotting of the blood. But I don't think the operation caused the baby's death. I do think that your next pregnancy should be regarded as a higher risk pregnancy, that you should be with a gyne that will follow you up more often than normal and I think they should do tests even before you get pregnant to exclude clotting factor diseases or any other reasons why the placenta stopped growing. Next time, if you feel that you are worried about the movements of your baby - be persistent even if they have to do a sonar daily. I almost lost my second child due to a twisted cord - a friend of mine lost her baby about 2 years before this at 38 weeks and if I did not know what her symptoms were, I would have lost my baby too! It is very traumatic, and I sincerely hope that the next pregnancy will be uneventful for you!

Reply to CD again
Posted by: MB1 | 2007/08/13

Thank you for your response. The doctor's said the placenta stopped growing and their was blood clots in the cord. My doctor advised me that if i fall pregnant again it will not likely happen again. I do have another concern though. I was 30 weeks pregnant when they drained an abses under anistetic and 2 weeks later i went for a check up having the concern that i didn't feel my baby move and he listenend to the heart beat and he told me the baby is fine and shortly after that my baby died. I walked around with my dead baby for almost 2 weeks having the doctor's reassurance that he was fine and just being lazy. Could the opertation have something to do with my baby dying?

Reply to MB1