Question
Posted by: dj | 2007/12/07

After having stillbirth

I had a stilbirth in Aug this year.I just want to know from you guyz if do I need to be cleaned up by my gynae in order for me to conceive again or it will just happen.

No you do not need any 'clean-up'.

2
Posted by: mich | 2007/12/08

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I know the pain, it never fades...I also had a stillbirth in July. The umbelical cord got twisted 3 days before her due date. I were devestated...We have been trying to conceive for 3 years and finally I fell pregnant just to lose her...
If I may ask what caused the stillbirth? If you had a ceasar then no it is not neccessary to clean up as they clean the womb. (as far as my knowledge and what gynae told me) We are also trying to conceive again. I am just in doubt because my gynae did not do any bloodtests to see if my hormone levels are 100% to conceive again. What if they are off balance due to pregnancy. I am thinking of changing gynae's and if not pregnant by next year to go and see Dr Colin le Grange in Durban. He has a lot of success with infertility. I wish you all the best.

Reply to mich
Posted by: Pip | 2007/12/07

You shouldn't need to be. Sorry for your loss...

Reply to Pip