Question
Posted by: LifeWithoutGallBladder | 2007/03/22

After effects of an open cholecystectomy

hi there
had my gall bladder removed in august 2005. was fine for a while, thought was recovering well. started having problems with diarrhoea in about february last year. on and off. continued as such throughout most of the year, sometimes better, sometimes worse. recently, the last 3 months, has switched between diarrhoea and constipation as well as a slightly worrying cramping feeling on the right side of my stomach, right beneathwhere the scar from the op is. should i be concerned?
i am a 26 year old male.
thanks

Dear Life
Yes this should not really be a result of a gall bladder operation - let your doctor have a look - you may need to have a gastroscopy or sonar of the liver and abdominal x/ray.