Question
Posted by: Firefly | 2003/01/29

After effects

My boyfriend and I lived toghether for a year and behaved like a normal married couple (sex ect)
However we decided to stop having sex until we get married. I was celibate for 2 months, and then the craving hit and we "sinned: quickly. The problem is that I have this burning sensation for a week now and a "funny" smell. Doesn't matter how often or hard I wash, it's back in 5 min. I also have cramps and pains in my abdomen and my vagina. Short but painfull. When my boyfriend kisses me, my vagina starts to pain. (please don't laugh) What is going on?? My boyfriend loves me and wil NOT cheat on me, I'm sure it's not some or other STD.
Please advise anyone????

Vaginal smells can be caused by several factors. The most common cause is vaginal bacterial overgrowth known as bacterial vaginosis, which has a "fishy" or "musty" smell. "Fishy" smells can also result from vaginal infections, such as trichomonas vaginalis, and, in some women, from semen in the vagina. The vagina could also smell "yeasty" because of vaginal yeast overgrowths.

Synthetic underwear, pantyhose, tights, and Latex exercise clothes do not allow air to circulate around the vulva (the outer lips of the vagina). A moist environment promotes overgrowths of normal skin bacteria that could cause vaginal odor.

A physical exam by a doctor can determine whether or not the odour is being caused by something that is treatable with a medication, such as for bacterial vaginosis, trichomonas, and yeast. In these cases, the unpleasant smell usually goes away after the treatment. The physical exam can also detect other health problems that might cause unusual body odours.

To change vaginal odor caused by overgrowths of normal skin bacteria, try the following:

Wash your vulva with warm water and unscented, gentle soap with mild antibacterial action (this will help keep the skin intact and make it less likely for microscopic cracks to develop, where bacteria like to grow).

Wear underwear and exercise clothes made from materials that "breathe," such as cotton.

Wear loose pajama bottoms or a night gown, or nothing at all, to let your vulva "breathe."

Keep your vulva as dry and aired as possible because bacteria love moist, dark, and trapped environments.

Don't use antiperspirants, deodorant tampons, and powders with talc or perfumes or other feminine hygiene ingredients, because they can be irritating.

Douche no more, since it has been linked to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). If deemed necessary, douching should be done only under the direction of a health care provider. Otherwise, douching is not recommended.

Vaginal odour could also be caused by excessive sweating (known as hyperhidrosis) in your vaginal area because it produces a moist environment. You may just be one of the women who needs to bath twice a day, similar to men who have to shave twice a day.

Dr Elna Mcintosh

4

Hello there Firefly. Sounds like you have some sort of vaginal + or bladder infection. These things seem to come from nowhere. If you r not using condoms then better both of you see the doc. Usually antibiotics r used to clear something like this up. Sleeping around is not always the cause, but get it fixed up as soon as possible + then u can enjoy your sex life again. Regards.

Posted by: Firefly | 2003/01/29

No I,m not with him 24 hours a day, but I trust him 24 hours a day. People.. thanks for your "comment". I'm not naive where fidelity is concerned. but this guy is genuinely NOT CHEATING. He can't get diseases by himself!! Isn't it possible that it's just my body that has a
reaction because I haven't had sex for so long?

Reply to Firefly
Posted by: cheezy | 2003/01/29

Are you with him 24 hours a day

Reply to cheezy
Posted by: Safe Sex | 2003/01/29

You already know the answer to this one ; see a Doc.

Reply to Safe Sex