Question
Posted by: Loose head | 2007/11/27

after effect of Flu

Hi Doc,

I got flu and laryngitis in September and now in November, my fiance got the flu the second time around without the laryngitus.

The problem we both have now are the funny headaches, if I move my head or neck to fast it feels like my brain is loose , so I keep my head as still at possible ,the the sensation causes nausea, the same with him, He had flue last week and I had the flue three weeks ago..

Should I be concerned? Is it a side effect of the flu, we are quite healthy and hardly get the flu. This year twice in a row was a bit bad.

Pls advise

Dear Loose head
you both may have slight viral infection of the brain (encephalitis) as complication of the flu - rather see your doctor to check for you?