Posted by: Anon Zululand | 2008/09/10

After eating Pork meat???

Last December i had lots of Pork braaied meat and the following day it was very hot and i noticed some small whitish things coming through my skin on my arms. What might have caused it or was the meat not well cooked? now i' m scared to eat pork.

Dear Anon
I cannot hazard a guess what these small white things were (worms or sebum), so I would recommend that you have a checkup with a Dermatologist. The dr will be able to determine if you have a skin condition or if you are infected with trichinosis because of eating poorly cooked pork. I don't think you are infected because pork sold by butchers in SA is inspected for tape worm infestation before it can be sold.