Question
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/03/04

After D & C - how long should you wait?

Just want to find out how long after a D & C can one try to fall pregnant again. Is it true that one fall pregnant quite easy after one.

If the D&C was for a miscarriage, it is advised to wait 3-6 months to ensure a more successful pregnancy outcome. It is not true that one falls pregnant more easily after a D&C.

2
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/04

I had a D&C after miscarriage last year October. We decided to wait out the 3 months they advise you to ( some doctors believe you increase your chances of miscarrying again if you fall pregnant sooner but there seems to be a bit of contraversy on the subject ), so we started trying in Jan and fell pregnant again straight away, now 9 weeks along.

I just felt I wanted to give my body and emotions for that matter time to heal and didn't feel ready to deal with another miscarriage straight away if it happened again, but its a very individual choice.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: ll | 2004/03/04

yes, I had a d & c on 30 Dec 2003 and today Im 10 weeks preggy again. Must have conceive a week after a d & c. unbelievable isn't it!
it all depends on you if you feel youre ready to try again soon or to wait a couple of months. I didn't think about it it just happened, it took me a long time to beleive cause I kept thinking the symptoms were from the prevoius pregnancy and couldn't be preggy before my period were bac let alone a few days after the d&c.

Hang in there it will happen soon!

Reply to ll