Question
Posted by: WHY TIRED????? | 2007/02/21

AFTER CYCLING...

HI
after my a cycle +-30 mins i cant eat much so i delay my eating for about an hour then after i have eatin i feel tired as if i would want to sleep, is this ok ? this feelin will last about 20 mins or less
has it to do with my sugar levels ?
what do i need to eat after a workout like this?

thanks for all the advise on this forum
God Bless You

I'm curious why you can't eat after your ride. That's not that unusual, because often exercise takes the appetite away, and I'm sure many people have the same problem. So if that is the problem, then it's fine, you should not force yourself to eat. However, there is a chance that perhaps you could eat but don't have the opportunity, or perhaps you just haven't planned to eat and that's the reason? In that case, I certainly would look at starting to plan ahead so that you can eat sooner after training. The idea is that you want to put back that energy as soon as you can, because it does help your body control its energy levels a little better.

I do suspect that your problem is most likely related to sugar levels, though there are some other possibilities. It's most likely sugar related though. So what I would try to do is have some fruit, maybe a glass of fruit juice, or an Energade or Powerade, something small immediately after you train, and then an hour later, you have your proper meal. That should help you defend that blood sugar a little better.

Ross

1
Posted by: AFTER CYCLING... | 2007/02/22

thanks i wil try this and let you know

Reply to AFTER CYCLING...