Question
Posted by: Embaressed | 2008/01/14

After birth - bit of difficulty

Dear doc.. I am quite embaressed to bring this up but starting to worry me bit more and more each day!!

I gave birth to a healthy big boy, 3,8kg few months ago, natural, no drugs, few stiches, at my 6week checkup doc was very happy, even mentioned it doesnt even look like I had a baby! However, its happened a few times that I dont make it to the loo.. its called "incontinence" I think... not always, but sometimes its extremely embaressing if I'm somewhere public and am quite worried that it may get worse...

Please help & advise what I could do to make it better/resolve/rectify this problem...

Incontinence can be a complication of difficult births. You can try pelvic floor exercises. It would also be a good idea to see a gynaecologist to make a baseline assessment.