Question
Posted by: Polli | 2004/01/15

After Abortion

I had a successful abortion a week ago and I'd like to know when will my normal periods commence. Another issue is that I was advised not engage in sex for about six weeks, is there any other way that I can know if my body is ready or not. My hubby is a bit disturbed about the six weeks issue. Please advice about the waiting period and how when will my cycle commence. My pregnancy was only four weeks.

It takes about 4-6 weeks for your cycle to normalise. If you had a womb scrape type abortion and there were no complications, three weeks is generally enough time for healing to occur and for you to have intercourse. You should check though that there is no bleeding at this time and that there is no discharge or pain.

1
Posted by: Confused | 2004/01/16

Hi There

If you don't mind me asking why did you have an abortion your married.
I'm single and thinking about having one myself and I was just wondering with you being married and all why you would have an abortion you have the support of a husband.
If you don't mind me asking.

Reply to Confused