Question
Posted by: Shmegal | 2004/10/05

After a D nc

I had an evacuation 11 days ago and am now interested to know the following:
1. When could I expect to have a period again?
2. Should I expect to ovulate shortly, per the normal 14 days before my next period?
I would like to try again to conceive asap and need to know when I can try again.

Your periods may take a while to return to thier regular nature. Ovulation could happen with the next period in some people.
You can try again when you feel fit psychologically to do so.

3
Posted by: Jojo | 2004/10/06

Hi Shmegal,
Glad to hear you're doing a little better. When I had my d&c it took me ages to get back to normal as the doctor missed some tissue and I had to have another d&c after 7 weeks. However after that my periods returned to normal and I felt a lot better. They say there is no normal time for ovulation and periods to return, just take it as it happens. Relax and enjoy making 'love' again. Not just baby sex. Relax especially for this first month and if it happens then great and if not then think that at least you've given your body time to heal aswell as your heart. I know it's hard - I became obsessed with falling pregnant again soon after my d&c, until I realised I needed to heal within. So do what ever you feel you can handle.

God bless and good luck
Jojo

Reply to Jojo
Posted by: Shmegal | 2004/10/06

Hi Sun

I'm doing well, thanks. I'm just feeling anxious to try again asap. Physically I'm feeling fine and have been exercising like mad to get back into shape. I've also been on Staminogro for the past 10 days (who knows this just might help me).
I'm also generally very irregular so I'm now holding thumbs that my cycle will kick in sooner than later.
Have you received the results of the tests yet?

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: Sun | 2004/10/06

Hi Shmegal

How are you doing? Sorry I cannot help you on this maybe speak to your RE, I had mine more than a month ago but I generally do not have periods so am not holding out much hope. I am seeing my RE on Friday so will take it up with him then.

Take Care
Sun

Reply to Sun