Question
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/12

Afraid to go home...

Hi everyone, my dog (a labrador) is 16 years old, and he got sick about a week ago.. he's on his last, my mom/dad was planning on taking him to the vet this morning.. I haven't heard anything yet, but there is a chance that they didn't bring him back...

I'm so scared to go home, we've been expecting him to die (he's so old) but he's been part of our lives for 16 years...

It's so tough...

Pencil, I know how you're feeling. We lost our beloved cat of 18 years, recently, and though we knew she was declining rapidly, one dreaded geting up each morning to see if she was still with us, until the morning when I found her dead. Very sad. But of course you must go home, and can't avoid finding out whatever has happened. At least you will be able to remember him with joy, and satisfaction at all the love you all were able to give him, as well as to receive from him.

4
Posted by: been there | 2005/12/13

Sorry to hear.

This year only lost 2 uncles, 1 dog and 2 cats.

All the best - I'll think of you!!!!

Reply to been there
Posted by: Buffs | 2005/12/12

Its awful when you loose a pet. I have had 3 kittens die on me in the past 5 years and i will never get over it. My heart wasnt sore it was Broken into a million peices.

Maybe think about the pain the labby might have been in and that he is happy now where he can run around and chase my little kittens in heaven without being sore.

Nothing anyone can say is going to make you feel any better, but in time you'll be able to think of all the good times you had together and even laugh at the funny things he did.

My hubby and i talk about my three lost babys alot, its the only way to keep them alive for ever.

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/12

Oh my word, Pencil. You have my sympathies. If he has been suffering and is so old, just think that he is in a better, pain-free place. I have been there before, many a time. The only way forward is to cry and let it all hang out. I wish you the best.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2005/12/12

Shame Pencil.........that's sad...Oh the doggies...they are like family members. When they die it's like losing a brother or a sister or any other human relative....

If that is the case I hope you can find piece in the fact that he had 16 wonderful years, he had a happy home with lots of love and attention (and wet kisses). Treasure those memories forever and ease the pain by picking out a new pup, obviously not to replace him, but to focus your emotions on something more positive..

Reply to Blue Eyes