Question

Afraid of saying I DO.

I'm getting married next month and I am so afraid of saying I do. I know that I'm doing the right thing because I love my man and he oves me too. I have so many things in my head right now:
1. what is going to happen to my baby(from previous relationship)?
2. Am I going to marry in community of property or out?
3. We have spoken about it but what if things go wrong?
4. Do I have a choice of marrying out of community of propery since we have a house together?
5. Am I going to be good wife to him and his family expects me to be a real makoti, am I going to do that?

These are the things that makes me feel or think maybe I'm not ready. Is this normal.

See a counsellor locally to help you sort out your thoughts and feelings about this.

3
Posted by: Maria | 2007/06/25

You can still marry out of community of property, we did. The fact that you bought the house together is irrelevant. It is much safer to do it that way in case one of you e.g. starts a business that goes under.

If you are worried about your child then you really need to talk this through with your fiance BEFORE you get married. Ditto for the expectations that he and his family will have of you. Rather postpone the wedding if you are not sure than to get married and find yourself in an unpleasent situation that will be hard to get out of.

Reply to Maria

We bought it toghether.

Posted by: fg | 2007/06/25

You can always marry out of community of property. Who owns the house you or him

Reply to fg