Question
Posted by: not my usual nic... | 2005/12/12

afraid of getting married

hi all... i've realised this weekend that i have some sort of inherent fear of getting married. i've been with a wonderful guy for 2 years and although it's been tough, it's been really good and i can see us spending out lives together. lately he started talking about marriage seriously... and i find myself dodging the subject, its as if someone grabs me by the throat, i feel suffocated and change the subject as quickly as i can. why is this? my parents have a wonderful marriage and have been together for over 30 years. i've always had long relationships, so fear of commitment is not really a cause ( i think ) - i'm a taurus, could that have anything to do with it? what could it be?

By the way, is there ONE person using Not their Usual nic, or a whole epidemic of regular readers all using the same nic that's not usually their own ?
Anyhoe, for a variety of reasons, some people do indeed feel uneasy about the commitments involved in mariage. WHY isn't actually the important question, rather than using CBT to change those automatic assumtpions that are stunting your chances of happiness. I don't think this is a Taurine characteristic

1
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/12

Hahahaha, I had to have a laugh at your reasoning for fear of getting married being a Taurus. Sorry. I am a Taurus as well. No, it has nothing to do with it. There must be something worrying you sub-consciously for this to be happening.

Reply to Frusty