Question
Posted by: D | 2004/12/10

Affair?

Just a quick question, does kissing someone who is engaged to be married, count as an affair?

,,,,

20
Posted by: $$$ | 2004/12/10

You to, big brother...let us know what your girlfriend thinks??????She'll probably murder you.Lol

Reply to $$$
Posted by: Bog Brother | 2004/12/10

Agree with what $$$? that I'm nuts and trying to sort my head out or my kiss/sex theory...haha...

Ah well, it's Friday and the silly season and way too late in the afternoon to be having in depth debates intersting as it may be. I'm going to discuss this little debate with my girl and get her opinion on the whole 'affair' thing, I think my theory may get me in a little hot water with her though :-) have a good weekend all.

Reply to Bog Brother
Posted by: $$$ | 2004/12/10

Now i agree with you Big Brother...

Reply to $$$
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/10

Well $$$ that's the reason I'm on this board, to try an sort my head out hee hee. All jokes aside I don't think I'm explaining myself properly. Of course I would mind if my girl had sex with some guy, even just once. What I was trying to say is that I don't think that a kiss can constitute an affair, my opinion of what an affair is. is sex, once twice doesn;t matter how may time and with whom as soon as there is sexual intercourse then that is an affair. Anyway, stop dumping on me :-) entitled to my opinion, no?

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/12/10

Sorry Big Brother I disagree with you as well.

In essence an affair is when you break the trust your partner has in you.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: $$$ | 2004/12/10

You say repeated "sexual intercourse"...
So now you saying it's okay 4 someone to go ahead & have sex with your wife or girlfriend just as long as they don't do it repeatedly?????????

You nuts!!!!!!

Reply to $$$
Posted by: Chase | 2004/12/10

So Big Brother you wouldn't mind your wife having sex with another guy just once, and then another guy just once, you get the pic...

Chase

Reply to Chase
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/10

No $$$, I wouldn't like some guy kissing my girlfriend in fact I woudl be livid but if it was a once off kiss then that is hardly an affair. Everyone here has thier own definition of what an affair is and what constitues an affair. To me an affair is when a married/involved person has repeated sexual intercourse with another person.

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/12/10

It depends on the kiss - if it is a passionate kiss, it is an affair.

But you should know the answer anyhow - ask yourself if you would have liked some other woman to kiss your fiance the way you have kissed this guy. if not, then it is an affair and he might as well kiss his fiance goodbye.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: froggie | 2004/12/10

Dolf - thats so dof...kissing your child is totally different!!!!!!

She is your daughter..if a man kisses your wife, you honestly say you wouldnt mind...
Kissing on the lips or tounge its still betraying the spouses trust!

Reply to froggie
Posted by: Sad ... | 2004/12/10

Anything that you have to hide or feel guilty about is an affair/cheating, but thats just how I feel ....

Reply to Sad ...
Posted by: Dolf | 2004/12/10

Am I having an affair with my daughter when I kiss her good night?

Maybe you should define "kissing".

Reply to Dolf
Posted by: Chase | 2004/12/10

Any kiss you wouldn't do in front of the fiance/girlfriend. A kiss intended to be sexual (tongue or without)jA kiss meaning more than just a casual peck (like you greet family with or REAL good friends.

I kiss some of my male friends in front of my hubby and he kisses their wives. But it's a quick peck just saying hi.

Chase

Reply to Chase
Posted by: froggie | 2004/12/10

EXactly $$$ well said...

An affair doesnt only have to be sexual.... for those that so no its not well then you guys have so moral issues as whats right and whats not..

Reply to froggie
Posted by: $$$ | 2004/12/10

So "Big Brother" you saying it's okay 4 any men 2 kiss your wife or girlfriend when you not around...

Reply to $$$
Posted by: Funk | 2004/12/10

It would depend on how you kissed. If there was tongue and gob swopping, well then that is a problem.

However, just a little peck, naaaa.

Froggie, chase, what kind of kissing were you referring to?

Reply to Funk
Posted by: Big Brother | 2004/12/10

How old are you, ten? I wouldn't say that kissing someone that is engaged to be married an affair, no.

Reply to Big Brother
Posted by: ******* | 2004/12/10

Depends, some people will call it not an affair but inappropriate behaviour for a married person.I light kiss on the cheek maybe fine but anything else.

I would say an affair is when a person sleeps with someone???????

Reply to *******
Posted by: froggie | 2004/12/10

OH yes!!!

That is quite a disastor too as the person getting married isnt being faithful ...what that person going to be like in the maraige???

why did you kiss him - do the two of you have feelings???

Reply to froggie
Posted by: Chase | 2004/12/10

I would say yes, it's about braking somebody else's trust, doing something behind somebodies back, you can even cheat on somebody without having any sexual contact with the other person, it's about doing it in you mind,

If you or anybody else can get themselves to kiss somebody who is not their girlfriend/fiance/wife/husband you must ask yourself whether that person is ready to be in the relationship they are in at the moment.

And if your the other person, think if he/she can do it with you who is not to say that they won't do it to you.

Chase

Reply to Chase