Question
Posted by: Sun | 2004/10/11

AF after D&C

Just wanting to know what the length of AF is after a D&C. I had "a period" 35 days after my D&C but it only lasted about 12 hours. Is this a true period or is it some kind of spotting? I normally do not have periods because I have PCO?

Sun

Could have been a period.

2
Posted by: Sun | 2004/10/11

Hi Shmegal

How are doing now? I hope you are feeling better? I usually take provera to bring on my period but he has moved me to a new drug called Avandia and wants to see if this is going to let me ovulate on my own. I will only do my next cycle in Jan 2005.

It is good that you got the results and I guess that proves that there was just something wrong with that particular embryo. so I am sure all will be fine next time. I could unfortunately get no answers as my cultures would not grow. They have now taken blood from hubby and I to detemine if there is some genetic problem, so more waiting for results and more nerves and what ifs................ It is just crazy.

I hope you get your period soon, I know ridiculous hey that we so look forward to it. I was so happy when it seemed like mine came and then soooo disappointed when it disappeared.

Take Care
Sun

Reply to Sun
Posted by: Shmegal | 2004/10/11

Hi Sun

I can't answer your Q re. a 12 hour period but isn't there something you can take to induce a period so that you can start ovulating thereafter? I also have PCOS and about 2 years ago I was prescribed something to bring on a period so that I could start my planning. Since then I was on Clomid which seemed to regulate my cycle anyway.

I received the results today after my D & C. All normal and nothing untoward. My miscarraige was just an unfortunate occurance or at least that's how I like to think.

I have been through the agonising waiting between ovulation and pregnancy tests in the past but now I am waiting to get my period after my D & C. I never thought I would look forward to getting my period but now I wish that day would come.

I'm sure Gynaedoc will be able to enlighten you re. your question.

Take care.

Reply to Shmegal