Question
Posted by: cb | 2003/02/10

aerobics

hello. i want to know if doing an hour of aerobics 3 - 5 times a week is enough. I have one of those home gym things to do some weight training, but is thins enough to lose weight. I cant go walking because it is not safe to do so and i took a look at the home fitness programme here but it includes walking which is out, and i do an aerobics video because it keeps me motivated. I cant find the motivation if im doing it from paper. the tape includes stretching, cardiovascular (like joggin on the spot) and toning for all muscle groups.....

one more thing, is running on the spot equivilent to jogging around the block,
thx

Hi CB

Keep up with your exercise programme - you are doing well! Aerobics and the tape you are doing, sounds great!
It doesn't matter if you don't walk - what you are doing sounds pretty effective.
Running on the spot is fine - it's difficult to compare it to jogging, where one might look at different speeds, but it is definitely effective.

Keep up the good effort!