Posted by: Ieentjie | 2009/01/19

Advocate withheld my retrenchment money

I was retrenched at work 2007. Hired an advocate (labourlaw specialist) who were recommended.
He handled the deal but to my loss did not ask for the deal I expected and was willing to settle for.
My money was paid to him in private account and after 4 months I had to go to an attorney to get my money. He paid me bits and pieces and still owes a lot but i cannot do anything unless I pay the lawyers R6500 to start process.
It seems that he isn' t an advocate at all - letter from Kaapse Balieraad to proof.
What can I do to get the retrenchment agreement between them
invalid as I did not sign anything he did all on his own and not even told me when he got the moneyl

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer


You need to get legal aid who can help you pursue this money. It is not accepted to pay R6,500-00 to start a process.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.