Question
Posted by: Sweetie | 2006/10/31

Advise please

I would like to know. i am currently having my period but is actually supposed to ovulate now, ( I skipped 3 pills and started my period on day 16) Will I still be furtile even though i am having my period? Or has the egg died?

And should i start with a new packet when i finished my period or should i just wait till the next period.

Dear Sweetie

The reason for the bleeding is what one will describe as a withdrawal bleed having missed three consecutive pills. It is also possible, despite the bleeding, that ovulation can occur, and that conception may result. It is best to start a new pack in this situation and use alternate means of contraception, eg barrier forms such as condoms, if you do not intend conceiving right away.