Question
Posted by: Kathryn | 2006/04/06

Advise Please!

Had a blighted ovum two months ago, been trying to fall pregnant for about two years, have got two children from a previous marriage, Should my husband be tested first or could there possibly be something wrong with me?????
Are there any vitamins other than folic acid that WE should be taking? I am 32 years old, smoker, healthy and he is 26, smoker, healthy. How often should we be having sex? Got a normal 28 day cycle.

I don't think either of you need any tests at this stage. A single miscarriage/ blighted ovum is very common and there is no reason for it to recur. The smoking is bad on both sides though. If you have sex at least 3 times a week, you should catch the fertile period.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2006/04/07

Hi there,
I would suggest your husband gets tested first. you have a 28 day cycle which is good, indicating you probably do ovulate. You can try taking staminogro as an extra vitamin (just check the label as i think it might have folic acid in it anyway).

I read somewhere that smoking decreases your fertility by 30%. I know its difficult to quit but maybe try cutting down or switch to something lighter. I've given up and its the most difficult thing to do but i'm hoping that it will help with fertility.

As for the sex - another book suggests having sex at least 15 times a month so thats pretty much once every 2 days, then you are bound to catch that egg!

Reply to Dee