Question
Posted by: Nina | 2004/10/06

Advise please!

My other half bought one of those cellphones that has a camera video and e-mail on it.He refuse's for me to look at it, gets very upset and tells me there's nothing new, only the ones taken of me which were 4 in total, if I insist he will browse through and comes to jpg046 or a bigger number, that means his taken many more.Is it wrong for me to look at what his got on his cell, and right for him to hide it. He checks my calls and messages when ever he wants but I'm not allowed to see his.I leave my cell laying around as I have nothing to hide. Is this right!!or is it wrong for me to check his cell.

.....

6
Posted by: Nina | 2004/10/06

He reads my sms's when ever he wants, checks my call register, is it right for him to do so?when I get calls he listens in, if it's someone we know that calls him then it's fine for me to know, otherwise he gets a guilty look on his face and pretends that it's business.

Reply to Nina
Posted by: pty | 2004/10/06

i bet its light porn, most men these days have half naked women on there phones, theres nothing wrong with it as long as hes looking and only looking, no touching

Reply to pty
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/06

What do you suspect that he might be doing that you have to know about? IEveryone is entitled to their privacy, and granted seeing as his behaviour has changed, it does seem that he might be hiding something. But is hiding something a sin and a threat to the relationship? Maybe he took some pictures he doesn't want you to see - like of himself where he looks crazy, or in the nude even?
I don't believe you have the right to insist on seeing his phone. If he is up to no good ie having an affair or doing something immoral, then you will find out by other means with time.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Gee | 2004/10/06

Wrong and he has something to hide!!!! If you have a colour phone and have infrared or bluetooth you can off load it from his phone to yours with out him knowing. This is not the right way but if he refuses its the only!!!!!! Confront him and ask him and i pray to god that its not someone els!!!!!

Reply to Gee
Posted by: Buffs | 2004/10/06

Nina

I learned along time ago not to look at cells

Its like asking a question you DONT want to know the answer too. how would you feel if your husband went through your private things?

Give the man his space.

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Paul | 2004/10/06

The cell issue pops up again. Well it would be bitter unfair if you are the only one that is transparent about this wouldn't it?

If the filename is jpg046 he has definately taken at least 046 pics since the last complete clear, however he might have deleted 005 - 045. You wouldn't know and though I wouldn't worry that he may be up to no good, I will definately worry about what he is hiding.

You have a few choices.

a) insist (unexpected) that you see the pictures on his phone.
b) live with it and carry on.
c) start being all secretive about your phone.

Other than that if you feel this is affecting the trust element, tell him that and assure him that it will definately negatively affect your relationship.

Keep well Nina.

Reply to Paul