Question
Posted by: Kate | 2007/03/06

Advise on NUZAK anti-depressants please

Hi there. After having anxiety for 9 months, my GP has prescribed Nuzak. Can anyone give me advise on how effective it is specifically for Anxiety & is it medication one can easily get addicted to? I've really been struggling to overcome this & is unfortunately my last resort ...

One does not get addicted to it --- it is a generic version of the well-known antidepressant better known as Prozac. Like many other drugs that affect the brain, it is wise eventually not to stop it suddenly but gradually, but your doc can advise you about this when that time comes