Question
Posted by: Rene | 2007/05/29

Advise on meds

Dear Doc,

I understand that using Yasmin contraceptive and Lamictin (anti-convultion meds) together is a problem as the Lamitin apparently reduce the effect of the Yasmin.

Question is: Is it recommended I stop Yasmin use with Lamictin because I could fall pregnant or because it has an unbalanced effect? My husband has had "the snip" therefor the pregnancy issue isn't a problem for me, only if it has some other side effects etc. I can not stop the Lamictin as im using it for Bipolar disorder. Please advise if I shouldl go on another pil (im using it to regulate my period and help with PMS only) or if I should stop the use of all contraceptives.

Rene

Dear Rene
If you don't use it for contraceptive per se you can continue taking the Yasmin.