Question
Posted by: NOLLY | 2004/09/21

ADVISE FOR A DUMBBY

HI,WE HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY HUSBAND MIGHT BE INFERTILE.WE ARE STILL IN SHOCK,BUT WE REALLY NEED TO GET INFORMED AS WE KNOW NOTHING.
THEY ARE NOT SURE IF IT IS JUST HIS TUBES THAT ARE BLOCKED OR IF IT IS THAT HE IS TOTALY INFERTILE.PLEASE IF YOU COULD GIVE US ANY INFO,WEB SITES etc.WITH REGARDS TO THIS ISSUE.
PLEASE HELP
THANKS
NOLLY

Try ferti.net website.
Further tests would confirm the diagnosis and then you can tackle the problem from there.

6
Posted by: Sam | 2004/09/22

NOLLY, I KNOW THERE WAS A WOMEN ON THE SITE NAMED NIX WHO HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM. SHE'S LEFT THE SITE NOW, BUT DO A SEARCH (IN THE SEARCH BY KEYWORD OPTION ABOVE) FOR

NIX
SPERM

AND MAYBE YOU CAN FIND SOME INFO FROM HER POSTINGS

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Amanda | 2004/09/22

PS. While Pokkel is trying to be positive - if there is NO sperm at all in the sample, this is very unlikely to change. No sperm usually indicates a blockage or production problem.

See a urologist and a fertility specialist - to be sure you're in the best hands..

Reply to Amanda
Posted by: Amanda | 2004/09/22

Hi Nolly,

My husband was diagnosed as infertile last year. He had no sperm in his sample at all and it was a huge shock for both of us. He was prescribed staminogro to see if there was in improvement, did lots of blood tests to check hormone levels, and then tested two months later - the result was the same. He then went to see a urologist who specialised in andrology who checked him and recommended a small operation. They also thought his tubes were blocked and the operation can draw sperm from the tubes and then freeze it for IVF. There is no way to "unblock" tubes.. If they can't find sperm in the tubes, the do a biopsy (where they remove small amounts of tissue from the testes). Sometimes they can find small amounts of sperm which then freeze and use for ICSI.

They found that my husband was not producing sperm at all and as a result they couldnt harvest any. Our only option was donor sperm or adoption. we cried and cried and clung to each other for support. we also saw a counsellor a few times.

we decided that we'd rather have a baby that is genetically linked to one of us, so we chose donor sperm. We didn't like the donor program in South Africa as there isn't a large choice of donors and so we're getting sperm from a sperm bank in America. We have chosen a donor who looks like my husband and has the same characteristics and personality traits. His family medical history is all good, so we are set to go. I'll be having insemination in about a week with the donor sperm and we are very excited.

We found lots of info on the internet (more than the doctors gave us)

Search for the following things on google for more info:

azoospermia (the medical term for no sperm in semen)
ICSI
TESE + sperm
MESA + sperm
sperm aspiration

I wish you the best of luck, don't lose hope ...

Mandy

Reply to Amanda
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/09/22

My doctor told me on Monday that a man's sperm content changes every 3 months. He might be diagnosed now with no sperm, but in 3 months there might be something.

Don't loose hope. My hubby has lots and lots of sperm, but they are not mature, and therefor not fertile.

Best of luck

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/09/22

Nolly

do not be too disappointed. Take time off to assess the situation but do not give up hope that one day you will be able to have a baby. My hubby also has a sperm problem in that his morphology is only 1% which makes it difficult for us to conceive. However he was advised to go onto Staminogrow which will sort out the problem.

If your hubby is totally infertile, there is always the option of sperm donors - so all is not lost for you dear.

Hang in there,have faith and i am sure things will work out somehow for you.

Reply to Shirls
Posted by: Renira | 2004/09/21

Hi Nolly,

I am sorry to hear your bad news. I have no idea where you can get info from but why don't u just search on google or something. Use male infertility as the keywords and I am sure something will come up.

Renira

Reply to Renira