Question
Posted by: jayjay | 2008/01/18

advise after 2month injection

dear dr

i was on the two month injection for about a year and at one stage my period wouldnt stop. had to go for a D&C and was put on the injection for 4 months after the op. i decided to stop and it has been about 6 months since my last injection. my period is regular but still have not fallen pregnant. Is it too early to think i might have serious problems and have to go see a gynae? my husband had an operation when he was younger... he had one testical removed but the specialist insisted he woulnt have problems in future with regarding fertility. could this operation have effected his sperm count? he had the testical removed because it just started swelling and was extremely painful.

your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Jay Jay

In your situation I believe that this it is some-what premature to begin a full scale investigation. I would wait at least another three months before starting diagnostic tests. However in the case of your partner, the problem appears to be much more involved and I would strongly recommend that he have a sperm analysis done as soon as possible to avoid further delays. In particular I would be concerned about presence of antisperm antibodies, which often follows some form of surgery to the testicles.