Posted by: lera | 2009/03/05


i'  ve been staying with my ex 4 four month.the place was on both our names,so our relationship went sour from january so i decided to move we want to terminate the contract they say we cant as we sight for 12 i tried to explain to them that we cant afford it now they said we cant terminate.what must i do cause i dnt have money to pay their rent.whats the legal steps should i follow?pls help

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

It can indeed be a problem that the owner of the place is probably entitled to insist that you keep to the lease and pay for the whole period ( unless there is some escape clause in the agreement, which is unlikely ). Is it possible to share it, or work out a way to have one of you move out and take a friend in to stay with the other, to help pay that rent ? I can' give legal advice --- there may be a free law clinic atached to your nearest Law School, which may be able to help here

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.