Question
Posted by: tasha | 2007/12/04

Advise

I am seven months pregnant. went to routine check up with my doctor who told me that my baby is a bridge and the water content is very low. needs to delivered soon. All along the baby was doing great until my last check up.i went to another doctor who confirm the postion of the baby but also indicated that everything is perfect( water content in my womb). so i do not know who to believe.
What causes the reduction of the water in the womb? is there anything that i should do to increase the volume of the water. is there possibility that the baby would turn to the correct position ?

Help: I am about to be admitted due to that.

As I have not examined you, I cannot say which doctor is correct in terms of the water in the womb. Usually a reduction of water is due to the placenta not working properly. One of the common causes for this is smoking. If this is the case, you should stop smoking immediately. If not, there is nothing you can do at this stage. It is possible that the baby can still turn, but less likely if there is little water around it.