Question
Posted by: jn | 2004/03/02

advise

hi
i am 55kg and 1.58/1.59
i only want to loose 5kg. My daily intake is:BF- Seedbread with a egg / musli (+-) 30g with fat free milk, MMS: apple , LH Chicken / tuna salad, Dinner vish / chicken with veggies. i gym 3- 4 time a week. Do i still eat to much carbs. I eat it fo BF because it helps with constipation.I have been struggeling to get under 54/55 for a year now.

Dear JN
Why do you want to lose more weight when your BMI = 22, which is ideal for your height? Eating carbs is not going to make you fat and you are quite correct that you need the dietary fibre to stay regular. Because your BMI is in the normal range (18-25), you will find it difficult to lose weight. If you are eating too little you may also ironically struggle to lose weight because your body switches off its weight loss mechanisms in the face of perceived 'starvation'. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' and compare the low-fat, high-fibre diet with what you are eating at present and make the necessary changes.
Keep up the good work with the exercise.