Question
Posted by: Savannah | 2005/07/22

Advice/Comments please: I am confused!!!

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well and enjoying the pregnancies!! To those ttc, I hope you will all have a POSITIVE month!!

I posted yesterday, but it seems that everyone is really busy and I didn't get any replies. I am confused as to what is going on in my body.... Herewith the rundown.

I had a mc on 24 June followed by a D&C on the same day. After this procedure I had some bleeding (initially quite a bit bu then only a light discharge) for about a week. On advice of my dr I started a new pill, Nordette on the day after the mc (I was on Triphasil to regulate my periods and had an IUD for contraceptive -- wasn't ttc and only found out about 10 weeks along). I started the new pill on the white lines (although I was bleeding, the chemist said this is what I shoud do since it was not period bleeding) and am now in the red line. According to the pill my period was due on Sunday, but it only came on Monday evening and on Tuesday it was very heavy (darkish). Come Wednesday it was GONE! I now only have a yellowish discharge with a sharp smell....

I know it is unlikely, but do you think I could be pregnant again (we've had unprotected sex a couple of times since I thought there was no risk of falling pregnant, not that I would mind if I do)... I am a bit paranoid since I only found out about this last pregnancy about 10 weeks along and feel guilty because I attended a number of parties (with the accompanying alcohol intake, in moderation), took a lot of meds (including antibiotics) and even undergone a small procedure and received anestetics. I am feeling as sick as a dog at the moment (flu/hayfever/allergies), but am afraid to take meds that may cause another mc.... Your comments/advice please....!!!

Tks,
Savannah

Please see reply to your previous posting.

3
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/22

If your period was heavy (even for a day) then I doubt you are pregnant. What worries me is you say you have a yellow discharge with a sharp smell which I think could indicate an infection of some sorts. I think you need to make an appointment with your gynae & tell him everything you've told us.

I hope everything works out well & please let us know what happens.

Reply to SLC
Posted by: Savannah | 2005/07/22

I have done a HPT -- negative....!!

Reply to Savannah
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/22

Do a HPT to check if you are pregnant. it does not sound as if you are.
It is possible that you MC happened due to all the medication you took.
Good luck, and rather go to your gp to make sure.

Reply to Pokkel