Question
Posted by: Mimosa | 2004/01/08

Advice to those in long distance relationship

I've been in a long distance relationship for about 10 years now, it is working just fine, we love each other so much, and everytime we get together it feels like a new relationship. I know most of you say a long distance relationship is not good, but i enjoy it, i think if i was with this man around we could have lost the desire for each other, it would have been tolerance left. We know that it is going to be difficult when we start staying together, but we pray that things will be okay as we will be grown up by the time we move in together.

Dear mimosa,
Thanks for your contribution --- it's good to hear from someone who has such a relationship working out well. I think what we've said on this subject before isn'tthat long-distance relationships are impossible or "not good" but that they are often, for obvious reasons, more difficult.

2
Posted by: Longing | 2004/01/08

I had a successful LDr for two years. Admittedly, we were only 600k's apart so saw eachother about every two weekends or so. Phone bill was huge, travel and petrol expenses were huge, but it worked. We went out for another two years once she moved up here. It is an awesome feeling to be apart and then see eachother. We had to cram our whole relationship into those weekends. SOmetimes we just had to fight to get the stuff out that can't really be communicated over the phone. The passion was enormous though, as you can imagine. It works for some and not others. It helps if you are both deeply in love. In fact, love letters are amazing. Nothing like getting a letter in the post. I recommend even people living together to do it. Write a love letter and post it, then watch their surprise.

Reply to Longing
Posted by: Paul | 2004/01/08

See look everyone, some people can make things work that others can't! Look at the bigger lesson here. I had a LDR and it crashed within 2 months, due to insensitivity on her side, and lack of trust on mine.

Reply to Paul