Question
Posted by: Insecure | 2007/08/10

Advice Seeking

Hello Doc,

I was reading your reponse to "crows feet" and I am in the exact same boat. I unfortunately will never afford any treatment , is there any other advice you can offer me to decrease the crows feet wrinkle and lift the shadow under my eyes. I also find your reply very interesting regarding the pocket of fat underneath the eye causing the shadow. What causes it to drop?

Helen

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello ‘Helen’, thank you for the question.
I believe that your next best approach to the problem is to look into a good topical skin care program. Please note that water intake, nutrition, exercise and no smoking also play a vital role to improving the health of the skin.
One should start with choosing a range that meets your pocket (examples that you can explore: NeoStrata, Nimue, and Environ). All of these brands have good SPF and ‘anti-ageing’ combinations. I would also consider having glycolic acid peels or TCA peels on a monthly or two monthly basis as this will have an added benefit in reducing wrinkles. You may also consider a range with some form of retinol to incease the benefit of reducing wrinkles. Pockets of fat in our face provide support and definition have been found to ‘drop’ (also known as volume depletion) as we age, as we get older a number of supporting structures loose there strength and respond to gravity.