Posted by: Pardon ?/ | 2009/09/10

Advice re fall/ humming in ears

Please could you advise me.
My husband had a blackout and fell onto a tiled floor hitting his head. All the injuries are healing, but he complains of constant hummig in his ears,,,, he also tends to put sound up loudly.... and speaks softely!..... Who in the medical profession should he see?
Also... regarding his fall.... he was coughing and had a blackout.... 2nd time. this has happened!) Blood pressure was normal
Your advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Pardon
He should see a ear nose and throat specialist - he may have hurt the inside of the ear. Some people can develop fainting when coughing or straining (called cough syncope). Management of cough syncope focuses on treatment of cough or/and the underlying conditions, but cardiac function, blood pressure and blood volume may all require separate evaluation and treatment. Patients should stop Smoking.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.