Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2008/05/21

Advice please

Good Morning dear CS

Ag toggie Cs, Charne’s now lately poo’ing in her pants (before and after the operation).

How do I handle this?

It’s one of two things (I think):

1. When she “started” (it was just 1ce a month ago) I told her that it was fine to “dirty” her panties…..we’ll just put something there….. (I did not know how else to explain)

2. After school she’s started going (about 2 months now) to a crèche as I’ve given up on care givers…could it be that she see’s these baby’s poo-ing and finds it acceptable?

You know I cant really have a conversation so in the car yesterday I said it’s not right for a BIG GIRL to do this you are mommy’s BIG GIRL etc…she made fists and rubbed her hands together suggesting washing clothes and said “I was, I was home”. I felt so bad. The previous night she saw me just washing the day’s clothes in the bath so she must of thought if she washes it, it’ll be fine?

Any suggestions ?

Love Mom

Both your explanations may be relevant ; and also it's typical of children that when stressed ( and the recent op was surely that ) they "regress" and lose for a while some of the progress they have made on such skills as continence. Maybe let her help you with the washing ; maybe go for some disposable nappies for a while and see if this stops. As a caregiver. I've become uncomfortably familiar with nappies and incontinence for some 6 months now. But Ne at least is likely to regain the skill she had before at controlling continence

1
Posted by: CP MOM | 2008/05/21

Sorry meant to add that one of the things she learnt easily was potty training - at age 2.5 - 3

Reply to CP MOM