Question
Posted by: blooo | 2007/05/02

advice please

i have been waking up with a chronic lower back pain for about 3 weeks now. My kidneys also feel like they have a dull throb, going around to the front of my stomach.
I was at the doctor on Monday. He tested my urine and said that my kidneys are fine. He said that I have a trace of blood., but nothing to do with my kidneys. He has put me on AUSTELL-CIPROFLOXACIN 250MG - 2 a day for 5 days and K-FENAK 50. It is a new doctor I went to and I have never heard of these tablets before. Please let me know:
1. Are these tablets any good.
2. Is a urine test sufficient to tell you that your kidneys are fine.

Many thanks.

Dear Blooo
The ciprofloxacin is antibiotic, and the fenak is voltaren. I think you should just have your urine sent to the lab after the medication is completed for a follow-up examination and also ask him to do a UKE bloodtest to test the function of the kidneys? If the pain persists, sonar of the kidneys may also be useful to exclude problems.