Question
Posted by: Skapie | 2004/03/05

Advice please

I read in the gynaedoc forum about a girl who used apple cider vinegar for thrush that would not go away. She stated that she was thrush free for six months, drinking one teaspoon of vinegar every morning. I tried it and the discharge I had almost stopped the same day I started drinking the stuff. However, I think it gave me heartburn. I do get severe heartburn when I’m under stress, which happened to be the case around the same time I started taking the vinegar. I suspect that it was the vinegar. I took it in the morning and the heartburn came at night. Anyway, I would like to know if there is anything similar to take and will apple cider vinegar tablets cause the same effect, i.e. help for the thrush and cause heartburn or is it safe to take?

Skapie, you can try taking it with a bowl of cereal and see if it doesn’t resolve the problem. If the burning persists you will have to see your doctor as it might be a sign of a stomach ulcer. Good luck.