Question
Posted by: Joah | 2007/03/21

advice on weight gaining

My son is 1yr3mnth and he weighs just above 10kg and i feel he if not big enough plaese advice on any suppliments i can give him so he can gain a bit of weight.

Dear Joah
Your son's weight is perfectly normal for his age. You must differentiate between him being small (perhaps because some members of your family are not tall) and him being underweight. An underweight child is not in proportion and looks skinny. If he is just small at this stage of his life, give him a chance to grow as time goes on. If he eating a balanced diet then you need not stress. Click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles I have written on 'Diets for Toddlers' which tells you how much your child needs of each type of food.