Question
Posted by: Bev | 2008/01/07

Advice on supplements Taken?

Hello,
Please could you advise me on the supplements I am taking as it is costing a fortune every month. I had two Hiatis Hernia ops over four years ago and take Liver complex,Bone Supreme,Parasite control(Vivid Health).I take Zinc,Calcium Magnesium Plus Boron,Megasorb Vitamin B-Complex,Magnesium Citrate(Solgar).Viridian MULTI Phytonutrient Complex,L-Lysine 1000mg,Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil 1250mg,Chromium Picolinate(Solgar). I take Glutamine and Dr Bauers Base Powder as well everyday. I take Meno-Clove Forte for Menopause as well.I am 54 yrs old,cycle plus/minus 250km every week. Am I taking all the right supplements or taking too much???
Thanks,
Bev

Expert ImageNatural health

hi
it is very difficult to advise as I do not have a proper case study. the following are only suggestions and should be consulted with your practitioner :

if you have no current liver problems (head aches , nausea, constipation) and your blood test show your liver is normal then you can stop this.
parasite control - use only for shorter periods to get rid of parasites.
not sure why you would be using L-lysine in your case ?
if you are not craving sugar, not diabetic or hypoglycemic then you might not need the chromium.
l- glutamine helps heal the colon
base powder assist with acidity - might help the body for the amount of exercise you are doing.

i would suggest looking at the foodstate products as they are better absorbed and possibly you only need a multi, calcium and magnesium and vitmamin B complex. Stay on the flaxseed good for inflammation.

Dr Debbie