Question
Posted by: Tinkie | 2007/07/18

advice on my diet

Im a 24year old woman
I go wlaking 4 times an week for 4 km in about 40 min.
Im 1.69
67kg

I want to lose 5 kg in one month

I eat pronutro in the mornings, 4 provitas with chees and an apple lunch time and go walking at 5:30 and have my dinner at 7- chicken bloks with pasta and salad, or chicken with veggies and salad or fish with salad.

I have been donig it for 3 weeks and im stil 67kg

What im i doing wrong...PLEASE HELP!!!!

Dear Tinkie
Your present BMI = 23,4 which is not only already in the normal range, but close to ideal for your height. Losing weight when you are close to your ideal weight is difficult as the human body tries to maintain its balance (a condition called homeostasis) and resists additional weight loss. I would suggest that you try and increase the rate at which you walk (if possible) to burn more energy and give your body time to adjust. The diet you describe is very minimalistic and will result in deficiencies if you use if for long periods. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, energy-reduced diet that is balanced and make the necessary adjustments to your diet.
Hang in there