Question
Posted by: Lollie | 2007/08/16

Advice needed please!

I have to female dogs, one is a fox terrier and the other one a jack russel. The problem is since the fox terrier got on heat (about three months ago) she keeps spanking the smaller one. At first I thought its fine its nature’s way but its getting to a point where she is hurting the little one NOW the jack russel is on heat and my fox terrier is worse. I don’t know what to do as its very disturbing to watch its almost as if she is bullying the little one.
Is this behaviour normal and what should I do, will fixing the fox terrier help…and will it help to prevent her from hurting the little one?

Yes as soon as they are both "off of their season" please have them speyed.

6
Posted by: Chill | 2007/08/16

Can one afford NOT to have them spayed? Does anyone think a dog with puppies does not cost extra money?

If these two aren't spayed, and soon, then we're shortly going to have queries from Lollie about how her dogs are always wanting to kill each other, and what must she do... sound familiar?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/16

I agree and and I will say that if you cant afford sterilization then dont have animals!!!

A lot of vets will allow a pay off plan , so really there is no excuse ... we have often had a "meagre" month because of an operation for one of our pets .

Reply to Carol
Posted by: WR | 2007/08/16

Agree with Kate - get them spayed.
.... - seeing that Lollie did ask about spaying - I reckon Kate's comment is justified.

Reply to WR
Posted by: .... | 2007/08/16

Mybe is due to finance Kate,not all can affort sterilization costs you know.don'teven think of saying in this case one should not own dogs

Reply to ....
Posted by: Kate | 2007/08/16

Sorry but why are they not sterilized yet?
Please get them both done as soon as possible - not just for your sanity but for their well being.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: ................... | 2007/08/16

Have them spayed!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to ...................