Question
Posted by: TSMEE | 2008/01/27

ADVICE NEEDED

My daughter is almost 12yr in April and I am a bit concerned that she doesn't like to make phone calls to a friend who is ill, cause she says that she doesn't know what to say if she phones. The other thing is she isn't comfortable going into the bank to deposit money at the counter with eveything written out on the form all she had to do is go forward to the counter and pay the money in. Lastly she was worried to go to the post office counter to hand in a slip and some money to pay an account once again. Am I concerned over nothing or what can I do to help. I myself am not a very confident person and I am concerned that my child has some how senced this vibe from me and now I want to make this right, I don't want her to grow up with hangups. What can you suggest?

Why in this modern world, does everyone assume that life is supposed to be conducted by telephone ? UNless the illness is seriously infected, can't she go and visit her friend ? OK, sounds like she's not very self-confident --- seeing a good local child psychologist would enable her to receive treatment which would probably be relatively brief, to improve this