Question
Posted by: Kamo | 2007/05/03

Advice needed

Hi Guys

Please help me, i am in the verge of loosing my mind.
I got married 1998, my husband and i leaved apart until March of this year when i told him in December that i need to get out as this marriage, as it is not doing me any good, we leaved together for 2 months, since he stayed with me in the 2 months he went home 4 times, the last time he went home i followed him i got him in bed with another woman since i heard rumours that he has an affair, there was a big fight, i filed for Divorce on monday, he got the papers today, i heard that he is going to contest the divorce, he has never contributed anything in our well being.

Please advice me on how i can keep my things and not share with him, we married in community of property.

Your advice will help me a great deal.

Hi Kamo,
It must feel awrful, but fortunately there's little risk of you actually losing your mind rather than just feeling as though you might.
It sounds as though you may well be right that there really hasn't been much of a marriage here, with you two livin apart for so long, and if he has taken up with another woman --- and if he couldn't even stay with you for a couple of months without repeated visits home. Your final question is an important one, but you need to see a lawyer for advice on that, as it's a technical legal question --- maybe someone at your local magistrate's court like the Family Advocate can advise, too. Good luck to you