Question
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/14

ADVICE NEEDED

Hi guys,

I am generally a very happy person, who is always trying to look on the brighter side of life. Dont get me wrong, i do have my issues in life (as does every one) but i do not usually dwell on things. If i do run into a problem i generally like to sort it out then and there.

Last night i slept at a friends house (we were house sitting & baby sitting) her sister two kids. We fed the kids, put them to bed and found a pack of tarot cards.

We did my cards first. And my dealing was not very nice at all. Every card i chose related some how to my work, and to my relationship. Work is ok. There are frustrations like any other job, but its not a job that i detest, and my relationship is going great. I have a great b/f who i love dearly. But the cards that i chose have now got me so worried about my relationship and my work that i cannot stop thinking about it. Its like i got this nervousness inside my heart and my stomach. Like i'm waiting for some thing bad to happen....

Do these cards have some meaning to them about my past, present and future. Because i am really really worried.

Please help!!!

PARIS
XXX

I don't believe in the significance of Tarot cards, and they don't predict anything at all. When they seem to have done so, it is usually because your behaviour was affected by your belief that they would be accurate, so the prediction can cause the effect, rather than actually predicting it.

5
Posted by: Straycat | 2004/10/14

You are in charge, not the cards ....
:)

Reply to Straycat
Posted by: D@mn | 2004/10/14

Please do not take them too literally... There are many many many things that can influence the cards, including the energy of the house you're in, your mood, the people you are with etc. The interpretation also can be influenced by many things, like the skill and experience of the person reading them. It takes years of practice to get it right. Maybe your interpretation was not as you thought it... or u misread them..

Also, remember that the Tarot cards do NOT predict the future. They can not, because we have free will. They can tell you the past, and they can tell you of POSSIBLE choices and tendencies in the future, but it is all changable, nothing in the future is set in stone.

I went to someone with a great reputation, who had many people tell me her stuff comes true, and NONE of the stuff she told me even happened...

The stuff she said about my past was pretty damn accurate, about my abusive childhood and other things she had no way of knowing, but the future stuff was not even close...

Reply to D@mn
Posted by: BC | 2004/10/14

These are understandable worries (we all women) hehe, just remember, you allow yourself to believe or not to believe, things will happen as you expected, you will uncontiously lead things to happen the way you want it to be. So stuck with your possitive believes, what pity it will be if a card change your whole life to worse?
I know its hard to practice, I am trying too.
Take care :)

Reply to BC
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/10/14

Thanks J. I will take your advice to heart.

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: J | 2004/10/14

I personally do not believe in tarot card readings or any of the other sort of fortune- telling crap.
Your nervousness is being caused by the fact that you chose to believe the readings.
So maybe you should just sit back, relax and everytime you think of a reading convince yourself that you do not believe it will happen.Replace all negative thoughts with positive affirmations.
Dont worry, I doubt those readings will ever really come true...

Reply to J